Geothermal Heating & Cooling
Winters Company’s heating professionals install geothermal heating and geothermal cooling systems in homes throughout Massachusetts.
Studies have shown that geothermal heat pumps provide the most energy efficient way to heat homes in the Massachusetts area.
Geothermal Heating System Benefits:
- Energy EfficientThey are more energy efficient than any other heating or cooling system
- Greenest Geothermal options provide the most environmentally friendly way to heat or cool your home
- Quiet, Long LastingGeothermal Systems are quieter and last longer than any other heating or cooling option
- Low MaintenanceLittle to no maintenance is required
- SavingsThe installation price is offset by energy savings within the first 5-10 years of use
- Electric Bills Shrink25%-50% less electricity is required to run a geothermal heat pump when compared to conventional heating and cooling systems
- Humidity ControlHumidity control is improved – geothermal heating systems maintain about 50% relative indoor humidity
- Available for New & Old HomesInstallation can be done on new construction homes or retrofit to work within existing homes
- Zone Temperature ControlZone heating and cooling with geothermal systems is easy to set up and allows you complete control in allowing different parts of your home to be kept at different temperatures
- Space SaverGeothermal heat pump equipment requires less space than conventional heating systems, freeing up valuable space in your home
Geothermal heat pumps, or GHPs, have been in use since the 1940s
To operate they use the constant temperature of the earth as the exchange medium instead of the outside air temperature. This allows the system to reach extremely high efficiency levels of 300%-600% on the coldest winter nights, compared to the 175%-250% efficiency levels provided by conventional air-source heat pumps on a cool day.